Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Machu Picchu 1 Day Tour From Cusco
Welcome to the ultimate Machu Picchu adventure! Discover one of the Seven Wonders of the World in the best and safest way possible – aboard our panoramic train. Embark on a journey of a lifetime as you enjoy the stunning scenery along one of the most breathtaking train rides on the planet.
Our one-day tour to Machu Picchu is designed to give you the freedom to explore the ancient citadel at your own pace. With all-inclusive access and high-quality service, you’ll be able to fully immerse yourself in the history and beauty of this world-renowned site.
Whether you’re a couple seeking a romantic getaway, a family looking for an adventure, or a solo traveler craving a unique experience, our tour has something for everyone. We offer both private and small group tours, so you can choose the option that best suits your needs. And if you have any special requirements, our team will be happy to customize your tour program to ensure you have an unforgettable experience.
Don’t miss the opportunity to discover Machu Picchu in the most luxurious and unforgettable way. Book your one-day tour now and get ready to experience history, amazing landscapes, and unparalleled service.
- A breathtaking scenic train ride through the Andes mountains and valleys
- All-inclusive access to the ancient citadel of Machu Picchu, one of the Seven Wonders of the World
- The freedom to explore Machu Picchu at your own pace and see its famous landmarks such as the Temple of the Sun, the Intihuatana, and the Sacred Plaza
- High-quality service provided by our experienced and knowledgeable guides
- The opportunity to customize your tour program based on your special requirements
- Both private and small group tour options available to suit your preferences and needs.
- 05:00 am Transfer from your hotel in Cusco to train station of Ollantaytambo: We’ll start our day bright and early, picking you up from your hotel in Cusco and driving you to the train station in Ollantaytambo.
- 07:00 am Tourist Train to Machu Picchu village (Aguas Calientes): Board the train and enjoy one of the most scenic train rides in the world as we make our way to Machu Picchu village, also known as Aguas Calientes.
- 10:00 am Tour Machu Picchu Inca City: We’ll arrive at the ancient citadel of Machu Picchu, where our expert guide will lead us on a tour of the impressive Inca City. Explore the Temple of the Sun, Intihuatana, the sacred rock group, the Temple of the Three Windows, the mausoleum, and other fascinating places of interest.
- 02:00 pm Lunch on Aguas Calientes: After our tour, we’ll head back to Aguas Calientes for a delicious lunch. There are plenty of options to choose from, including traditional Peruvian cuisine and international dishes.
- 03:00 pm Hot spring on Aguas Calientes (optional): Take some time to relax and unwind in the natural hot springs of Aguas Calientes. It’s the perfect way to soothe your muscles and rejuvenate after a long day of exploring.
- 04:22 pm Tourist Train from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo: Board the train back to Ollantaytambo and enjoy the beautiful views on the way.
- 06:00 pm Transfer from train station of Ollantaytambo to Cusco: Our tour concludes with a comfortable transfer back to your hotel in Cusco.
What to bring
- Original passport (Mandatory to enter Machu Picchu)
- Printed or digital copy of Machu Picchu entrance ticket
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Lightweight and comfortable clothing for warm and cold weather
- Rain jacket or poncho (in case of rain)
- Sunscreen, hat, and sunglasses
- Insect repellent
- Camera or phone with enough battery and memory
- Small backpack to carry personal items
- Cash for souvenirs and tips (optional)
What to wear
For the Machu Picchu 1 day tour, it is recommended to wear comfortable and lightweight clothing suitable for warm and cold weather, as the temperature can vary throughout the day. It is also important to wear comfortable walking shoes as there will be a lot of walking and climbing involved during the tour.
It is advisable to dress in layers, with a breathable shirt, lightweight jacket or sweater, and comfortable pants or shorts. It is also recommended to bring a rain jacket or poncho in case of rain. Additionally, wearing a hat and sunglasses can protect you from the sun, and applying sunscreen can prevent sunburn.
Overall, it is best to wear comfortable and practical clothing that allows you to move freely and enjoy the tour to the fullest.
Here are some recommendations to make the most out of your Machu Picchu 1 day tour:
- Get a good night’s sleep before the tour to ensure that you are well-rested and energized for the long day ahead.
- Drink plenty of water throughout the day to stay hydrated, especially during the hike to Machu Picchu. It is also recommended to bring a reusable water bottle.
- Bring some snacks or energy bars to keep you fueled during the tour, as there may not be many options available for purchase on-site.
- Don’t forget to bring your camera or phone to capture the breathtaking views and moments throughout the tour.
- Follow the instructions of your guide and pay attention to safety guidelines to ensure a smooth and enjoyable experience.
- Take your time to explore and appreciate the beauty of Machu Picchu, but also be mindful of the time and schedule to avoid missing the train back to Cusco.
- Be respectful of the local culture and customs, and avoid littering or damaging the environment during the tour.
By following these recommendations, you can have an unforgettable experience on your Machu Picchu 1 day tour.
Things to know before going to Machu Picchu
- Entrance tickets: You will need to purchase your entrance tickets to Machu Picchu in advance. You can do this online or through a us (Xplore Cusco). It is recommended to purchase your tickets at least a few weeks in advance as they can sell out quickly, especially during peak travel seasons.
- Train tickets: You will also need to purchase train tickets to Machu Picchu in advance. There are several different train companies that operate on this route, each with their own schedules and prices. It is recommended to book your train tickets as early as possible to ensure availability.
- Altitude sickness: Machu Picchu is located at a high altitude, so it is important to be aware of the symptoms of altitude sickness and take precautions to prevent it. You may want to consider spending a few days in Cusco or another high-altitude location before visiting Machu Picchu to acclimate to the altitude.
- Weather: The weather at Machu Picchu can be unpredictable, so it is recommended to bring layers and be prepared for rain or sunshine. The rainy season in this region is typically from November to March, so if you are traveling during this time, be sure to bring rain gear.
- Food and water: You can bring your own snacks and water on the tour, but there are also options to purchase food and drinks in Aguas Calientes and at Machu Picchu. It is important to stay hydrated throughout the tour, especially at high altitude.
- Photography: Machu Picchu is a beautiful and photogenic location, so be sure to bring your camera or smartphone to capture the memories. However, there are restrictions on tripods and professional photography equipment, so be sure to check the guidelines before bringing any equipment.
Type of train services to Machu Picchu
For all the adventurous travelers who seek to discover all the journey details and arrange the trip itinerary according to their needs, the Expedition Train is the best alternative to go to Machu Picchu.
This service is designed for the traveler’s comfort, with four passenger’s seats located in front of each other, so you can share your experience, and for the faithful backpack that is always with you we offer racks placed above the seats. Also, this train has panoramic windows, air conditioning and heating, and Andean music that creates a cheerful atmosphere. Relax and start your adventure to the next station, Machu Picchu.
The Vistadome is the ideal train for those who want to be in contact with the environment and appreciate the wonderful journey to Machu Picchu. Surrounded entirely by glass and wagons with large panoramic windows offering incomparable scenic views and innumerous opportunities to capture amazing pictures. Vistadome travelers feel connected and part of the impressive landscape of Peru.
The train provides to travelers on board a personalized and first level service to give them an unforgettable life experience. The Vistadome also has air conditioning and heating, leather seats that adjust to the body to provide comfort and relaxation during the entire trip. This train has a different service, which allows the visitor to be immersed and feel the Andean culture through its landscapes, music, dance and even food carefully prepared with local ingredients.
Read more at Trains to Machu Picchu.
Our one-day tour to Machu Picchu is designed to give you the freedom to explore the ancient citadel at your own pace.